The Cambridge Fire Department and the Cambridge Professional Fire Fighters’ Association have kindly allowed us the use of the vintage fire trucks, some of which may be seen at the museum.
The Tennaco Pumper This 1951 fire truck was donated to the museum by Tennaco Canada. It was purchased by the company when it moved to the Cambridge's L.G. Lovell Industrial Park and was intended to hold flames at bay in case of a fire until help from the local fire department could arrive.
1938 Bickle-Seagrave Cheftain Quad This vintage ladder truck was once the pride of the Preston Fire Department, serving faithfully for many years. The truck was originally purchased by the Town of Preston in October 1938 for $5,645. It's pump had a 500 imperial gallon per minute capacity, carried 1,000 feet of hose, three large aluminum ladders, a life net, and fire extinquichers. It was purchased with the intent of restoring it to its former glory.
1951 Bickle Seagrave This vintage pumper served for many years with the Preston Fire Department. It replaced the departments original 1928 Bickle pumper and was purchased by the town for the considerable sum of $19,850. When it was finally put out to pasture it was purchased and restored by the Cambridge Professional Fire Fighters Association. It is still in running condition and is regularly used in city parades, special events and has been a regular visitor at the museum.
1838 Bickle-Seagrave pumper Since it entered service in July 1938 this truck served at the Dickson Street fire hall and holds a special place of honour within the museum resting in the same spot in the station it occupied when the station was operating. It's first crew said "it rides like a million dollars." While it could carried 80 imperial gallons of water, along with 1,200 feet of hose, it could pump 600 imperial gallons of water per minute. It could carry as many as 8 firefighters and its six cylinder engine could produce 130 hp and reach speeds of 50 mph.